About Us

INTRODUCTION

M/s Allawasaya Textile & Finishing Mills Limited is a Public Limited Company ideally located in the Mumtazabad Industrial Area, Vehari Road Multan. It has Share Capital of Rs. 8,000,000/- distributed in Ordinary Shares of Rs.10/- each. The shares are quoted on all the stock exchanges of the country with comparatively very high market value. It has two Units with the capacity of 30,592 Spindles and produces high quality Polyester Cotton Blended Yarn with counts ranging from 10 to 40 in the branded name of ‘Gumbad’. The Company has also successfully installed its own Captive Power Generation Plant for the uninterrupted supply of power to its both the units in order to maintain quality and consistency. The work on the Power House commenced in September 2007 and was completed in May 2008. Three Gas powered Generators of JENBACHER make Model JGS 420, having the capacity of 1.415 MW each, have been installed in the Captive Power Plant. It also has a very high tech laboratory to maintain the high quality control. The Company employs almost 900 employees. The Company is quite successfully maintaining its ISO 9001:2008 Certification of Quality Management System and ISO 14001:2004 Certification for Environmental Management System.

BRIEF HISTORY

The Company was incorporated under the Companies Act VII of 1915 in March 31, 1958 in the name of M/s M. Allah Wasaya & Co Ltd., but later transformed to M/s Allawasaya Textile & Finishing Mills Limited in February 7, 1960. It was listed on the Karachi Stock Exchange as a Public Limited Company in 1965. Later on it was also listed on the Lahore and Islamabad Stock Exchanges in 1971 and 1992 respectively.

Initially Company started business with the processing of Cloth i.e., bleaching, dyeing, mercerizing, printing and finishing in 1958. Moving on and started its first spinning project in 1964 with a capacity of 12,400 Spindles, all Japanese machinery. It produced high quality cotton carded and combed yarn. It soon got repute and established name in the market. In 1968, second spinning unit was installed with the capacity of 12,528 spindles within the same premises. In 1978 its finishing unit was discontinued because of obsolete machinery and only spinning was continued. The machinery of the Mills was modernized with passage of time as per requirement of the time. Presently it is working with full capacity of 30,592 spindles. Still heavy amount is being invested in the process of BMR to face the challenges of modern time and to cope up with WTO Regime and to maintain quality of the blended yarn (Polyester Cotton Yarn).

FUTURE PROSPECTS

The Company is in continuous process of BMR and is also planning expansion of its production facilities both horizontally and vertically. The company has plans to add more spinning capacity and have a weaving unit. With these expansions the profitability of the Company will Inshallah further improve